Imagine Charter School at Weston
Imagine Charter School at Weston is a high performing, tuition-free public charter school, nestled in the suburban, city of Weston, FL servicing students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. We offer a VPK/PreK extended day program on our campus, which is not part of our charter – your child must be 4 years old prior to September 1st. Spring registration is announced in late winter/early spring on this website and admission is done on a first-come, first-served basis.
A parent liaison is available if you have any complaints or problems that have not been resolved on the classroom or administrative level. If, after speaking with your child’s teacher, and then the principal, you’re still not satisfied, your next step would be to contact one of the following people to voice any concerns. Please follow protocol and contact the classroom teacher first. Most issues can be resolved at that level.
Elementary School Parent/Governing Board Liaison:
Mrs. Radhika Paul
- Imagine Charter School at Weston has earned an “A+” grade every year of its existence (14 years)
- Accredited by AdvancED SACS CASI (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools)
- Other accolades include: 2012 National Blue Ribbon School, 2014 State School of Character, 2014 National School of Character, Imagine Schools’ School of the Year overall, School of the Year for Parent Choice, Academic Growth and Character Development
- Our students adhere to a daily dress code
- Special classes include P.E., Art, Music and Media
- We offer hot lunches through a private caterer and are part of the National School Lunch Program
- You must live within Broward County to apply to attend. Since there is a high demand for our school, a lottery is held every February/March to gain admission. Availability varies per grade level.
- We welcome parents on our campus and are proud of the large parent involvement and our strong parent organization, the PTP.
- Families are expected to volunteer at least 30 hours each year for the good of the school.
- We celebrate many cultures and backgrounds and hold a yearly Hispanic Heritage Festival
- Two classes on each grade level are bi-literate. Students spend roughly half their academic day learning in English and Spanish. There is a selection process for this program.
- We believe that academic growth and character education are equally important and imbue daily lessons with both.
- Imagine Weston adheres to Imagine Schools’ 6 Measures of Excellence: Academic Growth, Character Development, Parent Choice, Shared Values, Economic Sustainability and School Development and Safety.
- We are the Wolves where everyone is part of the pack. We are a big, warm, embracing family of stakeholders: students, parents, teachers/staff, & community.
- We strive for excellence and compassion in all we do.
Governing Board Members
- President – Don Francey
- Vice President – Priscilla Prado Stroze
- Vice President – Erika Barnes
- Secretary – Sylvia Allen
- Treasurer – Jhanet Garcia
- Parent Liaison – Radhika Paul
- Member – Jason Montan
- Member – Pascale Royal
- Member – TBD